[Advaita-l] How to become a Hindu?

Kuntimaddi Sadananda ksadananda108 at gmail.com
Mon Aug 23 10:54:49 CDT 2010

Shree Ramesh - PraNAms

Thanks for taking time and responding. Yes I agree with you.
Eventhough it is clear understanding, a samskara ritual helps for the
mind to feel that commitment just as many of the samskaaras that we
have.

In spite of divergence in the practices - what makes me a hindu -
since other religions are trying to destroy in the name of their
conversions, It is important I feel to counter these in a progmatic
way, even though, I am fully aware that hinduism is not ism but
sanaatana dharma.

A child comes home and asks - Dad, am I a hundu? - Given the state of
affairs,  the question is posed - what exactly one should know minimum
to say I am a hindu. - This may be a question to those also who think
they are hindus but do not know the fundamentals of what hinduism
stands for.

Hari Om!
Sadananda