[Advaita-l] Advaitic Foods

Gopal gopal.gopinath at gmail.com
Tue Dec 14 14:29:27 CST 2010

Thanks for the tip. I concur with you. I have tried to read Sankara bhasya
after a visit to udupi palace and Saravana bhavan in
T.nagar chennai. I have also visited adyar library to browse thru the
collections after  many a sumptuous lunch.
I have always found that I could not concentrate or even understand one or
two pages of the translation.  At the same time,
I have found that on such occasions my mind is very astute in understanding
the dvaita and visishtadvaita principles without any
problem. Eventually I could enter into deep contemplation, thinking of Jaya
tirtha's Sudha commentary of Madhwa's work.
I strongly suggest we should document our experience with spicy, rajasik
foods that are fried and cooked by others and how much
such food might accelerate once liberation via dvaita and V. dvaita way of
thinking. It does not matter that heavy food clouds advaitic thoughts, if
the goal is reached one way or the other.  One has to be satiated at all
levels, whatever it takes.
Of course if the food is bad, we can feed the 'females' following your
dharma.

Apologies if you tend to take this serious.

-gopal