[Advaita-l] Lodging n Sri Guruvayoor

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Tue Dec 28 04:22:47 CST 2010

Namaste.

In Udipi, the Puthige Mutt is having two Guest Houses: Indraprastha and
Gitaamandira (Contact no.-820 25222222).  I spoke to a staff member Sri
Santosh who gave me the following details:

There is no advance booking for accommodation.  One will have to approach
the three or four Chatrams upon arriving at Udipi and if there is
availability they will allot rooms. For example, today, he said all rooms
were full. Three adults can comfortably stay in a room for Rs.250 per day.

Mutts like Puthige, KaNiyuru and Pejawara and perhaps another one  have
Guest houses there.

If one is particular about 'maDi' one can bathe in the Madhvasarovara Tank
and do  sandhyavandanam there.  Food, free of cost, is served in the Mutt
both in the noon and in the night on all days except EkAdashi.

There are also a number of private lodgings there.

http://www.travelpaisa.com/south/udupi-and-other-temples-of-dakshina-kannada.html

Regarding Guruvayur let me add that during my last visit I stayed at the
'Panchajanyam' Guest house of the Devaswom Board.  The room was very neatly
maintained.  I had my bath, did sandhya and also my pUja very happily there
before going out for Darshan at the Temple. Flowers and fruit for personal
puja and naivedyam are available in the bazaar.

Regards,
subrahmanian.v