[Advaita-l] Conference on that Date of Adi Sankaracharya inOctober, 2002

Michael Shepherd michael at shepherd87.fsnet.co.uk
Fri Jan 1 10:19:20 CST 2010

If I were a dramatist with time on my hands and the urge to do so, I would
go through all Adi Shankara's commentaries, knowing that every time
'Objector' raises his (or her ?) voice, it would be that Shankara had faced
that question from the greatest minds of other sects in lively open public
debate -- and had included that Q&A in his oral record to prepare his
disciples for the great debate themselves..

I think that by the time I had set that dramatically, I would have a lively
drama of ideas on my hands which required no more attention to the date of
his opportune embodiment to 'set matters straight' fo us, than the decision
'Which period should the costumes represent ?'...

Michael ;)