[Advaita-l] Conference on that Date of Adi Sankaracharya in October, 2002

Venkata Subramanian venkat_advaita at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 5 23:06:50 CST 2010

--- On Tue, 5/1/10, Anbu sivam2 <anbesivam2 at gmail.com> wrote:

When will people understand that only Gurus are important but not their
matams.  Why is it so important to establish the seniority question?  For
what end?

== For this very reason.  If I consider some one as my Guru, I would naturally look upon him that he should be a man who has reason and sticks himself to speaking and believing in truth.  He has to be an Acharya, means, do first himself what he says.   If my Guru's very claim to an 'original' tradition is not on sound basis and he is still adamant about it, how can I trust and surrender myself into him and believe whatever he tells is correct and for my benefit ?!?!

Mayavaramji was very right in saying that it is for the two Matadhipathis to
settle it among themselves and it is not for their followers who are more
interested in aathmagnyaanam than matam ownership.

 ==  Truth is, I believe, not a matter of 'reconciliation' or a 'compromise'.  It is, if I have understood the Bhashyakara correctly, (with or without the sub-commentaries) Vastu tantra not pursha tantra.