[Advaita-l] ṛg ved hymn

Vidyasankar Sundaresan svidyasankar at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 9 14:23:35 CST 2010

Given the vibhakti usage in the hymn, I would suggest taking jyeShTharAjaM brahmaNAM as one
phrase and splitting the samAsa jyeShTharAjA as jyeShThaS ca rAjA ca. brahmaNaspate stands
by itself separately. All the epithets in the dvitIyA (accusative case) go with the verb havAmahe,
while brahmaNaspate goes with verb sIda.

Vidyasankar