[Advaita-l] information on purvamimamsa

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Sun Jan 10 23:07:22 CST 2010

On Sun, 10 Jan 2010, Krunal Makwana wrote:

> On 10/01/2010 14:17, Varadaraja Sharma wrote:
>> Radhe Krishna
>>
>> I am new to studying advaita vedanta.  I read the posts in
>> archives.  I have noted that to understand advaita Vedanta, it would
>> be helpful if one also gets a grasp of purva mimamsa.  The views of
>> some of the members were contrary to this view.  I hope there may have
>> been discussions on purva mimamsa earlier in the list.  If the link of
>> such discussions could be provided, it would be helpful to me and other
>> members who are likely interested to go through those discussions.
>>
>> Radhe Krishna
>>

> Jai Siya Ram
>
> There is a website which has great articles authored by scholars from this
> list. :)
>
> http://www.mimamsa.org/
>
> I hope you find this website useful.

I also hope you find it useful but alas, this is another project that is
suffering from my total lack of free time.  In fact much of the site has
been broken for a while.  I just fixed it up again now so if you went
there today (or previously) and found it unreadable, please try again now.

(And yes, understanding purva mimamsa is essential for understanding
uttara mimamsa or vedanta.)