[Advaita-l] Two types of Atma jnAni-s &their approachtoreallife situation

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Thu Jul 1 07:22:59 CDT 2010

sAshtAnga praNAms Sri Vidya prabhuji
Hare Krishna

I am drafting my understanding on your questions prabhuji..In the
meanwhile, would like to get clarification on some of your view points  &
also want to share my thoughts on some of your comments.

Sri Vidya prabhuji :

Bhaskar, there is a reason I wanted to go back to fundamentals. All that
you say would make sense only if you define the word jnAnI and the term
samyag-darSana in particular ways.

bhaskar :

I do agree & accept that samyag darshi or absolute brahma jnAni in my book
is not the same as you explained.  In my books the absolute brahma jnAni
does not get kAma krOdha & controls it subsequently.  So, I request you to
give me a para or two definitions about samyag jnAni in your own words in
a simple language prabhuji...In the recent post you had given the example
of "harati viveka-prajnAM" from geeta bhAshya...Here Kindly clarify harati
viveka prajnAM should be understood jnAna pravrutti daurbalya or jnAna
daurbalya...coz. you are directly talking about  viveka-prajnA..not
pravrutti of that viveka.

Sri Vidya prabhuji :

All that others say make sense only because others define the word jnAnI
and samyag-darSana in a more
flexible way than you do. It is because of the more flexible definition
that others can talk about -vara, -varIya and -varishTha among jnAnI-s.

bhaskar :

again, I have heard umpteen times about these grades in jnAni-s...but
still not clear whether all these categories are of the custodians of SAME
'muktAvasTha' absolute jnAna??  In other words, whether they are all SAME
absolute brahma jnAni-s without any hierarchical gradations in the status
of their jnAna??  Without pointing me to the prakaraNa grantha-s, could
you please clarify me in your own language prabhuji.

Sri Vidya prabhuji :

You cannot apply your definition of jnAnI to what the others say, without
examining your basics and their basics more thoroughly. Otherwise, all
everybody can do is to talk in circles without improving any
understanding.

bhaskar :

you are right prabhuji, to improve my understanding on the basics I need
to get the clarifications on the doubts posed by me above.  So that while
sharing my understanding I can refer to the popular stand on these issues.

Sri Vidya prabhuji :

The heavy sarcasm in which you couch your responses, surrounded by a
lot of respectful prabhuji-s doesn't help either. Beyond a point, it does
sound quite false. I am saying this to you frankly and openly, only
because
you have given me a title of one of your cyber-gurus.

bhaskar :

It is quite unfortunate that you have seen sarcasm only in my mails...But
IMO, it is not at all one way traffic..Anyway, I always respect & accept
your observation prabhuji.

Sri Vidya prabhuji :

While going back to basics, here are a couple of other deep fundamentals
to ponder about. Does a jnAnI (under any definition) interact with other
human beings or inanimate objects at all? If yes, how? If not, why not?

bhaskar :

Yes, I shall try to share my understanding on this question also
prabhuji..But kindly clarify my doubts ASAP.

Best regards,
Vidyasankar

Your humble servant
Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!