[Advaita-l] A coincidence?

V Subrahmanian v.subrahmanian at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 05:13:38 CDT 2010

Namaste.

We know that Shankara Bhagavatpada has used the term:
'nitya-shuddha-buddha-mukta-svabhAvaH' a number of times across His
Bhashyas. One instance, for example, is in the Bhashyam for the Bh.Gita
verse 15. 17.

 In the  'Sri Lalitaa sahasra nAma stotram', in the 45th verse  we have:

*नित्यमुक्ता* निर्विकारा निष्प्रपञ्चा निराश्रया ।
*नित्यशुद्धा नित्यबुद्धा* निरवद्या निरन्तरा ॥

We have all the three  highlighted words used in the Bhashya expression with
the 'nitya' as the prefix.

Are there any references to these terms *in one place *in any of the
Upanishads?

The 'Sri Lalitaa sahasra nAma stotram' is said to be a part of the
BrahmANDapurANa uttarakhanDa within a dialogue between Sri Hayagreeva and
Agasthya.

Is there any way to connect the Bhashya usage and the 'Sri Lalitaa sahasra
nAma stotram' usage?

Regards
subrahmanian.v