[Advaita-l] definition and criteria of Truth

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Fri Jul 30 23:59:10 CDT 2010

On Thu, 29 Jul 2010, Guy Werlings wrote:

> I apologize for having been silent for such a long time. This is due to
> my health.

Nice to hear from you again.  I'm glad you are feeling better.

> I should like to know what is shrii BhagavatpAda's definition of Truth
> and what are his criteria of Truth.
>
> Hope someone of you can help me to clarify the matter fron a strictly
> philosophical point of view.

In an epistemological sense, Advaitins (following the Bhatta Mimamsakas)
accept six pramanas or valid means of knowledge.  Shri Sadananda wrote
extensively on this earlier this year.

The bottom line is that after all falsehoods have been negated, what
remains -- Brahman, is truth.