[Advaita-l] bharata or lakshmaNa who is elder ??

sriram srirudra at vsnl.com
Sat Jul 31 05:06:41 CDT 2010

As per Balakandam slokas 18 th chapter9 to 15 according to the stars of
their births Bharatha is elder to both Lakshmana and Shatrugna. If one goes
by the lagnam it is said Cancer is the lagnam for Rama,Lakshmana and
Shatrugna and Pisces for Bharatha.It is possible after Bharatha`s birth in
pushya star in Meena Lagnam, the next day as the sun rises, again in the
Kataka Lagnam under aslesha star Lakshman and Shatrugnan were born.So I
think the popular view is correct.
Yes there is no mention of lakshman rekah in Valmiki Ramayanam.But there are
many versions of Ramayanam by as many poets.R.Krishnamoorthy'