[Advaita-l] Your views and advice please.

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Mon Jun 7 15:50:41 CDT 2010

On Mon, 7 Jun 2010, Magesh N wrote:

> I observed that when I do prayers (Gayathri sandhya), my focus is not fully
> into performing it meticulously. Not sure whether I have lost devotion and
> doing this meticulously. Could any of the members share their views in
> overcoming my problem.This has been the case not only in prayers but in
> other aspect of material life and studies.

Our philosophy teaches that the body is a mirror of the outside world and
vice versa.  If you have problems in concentration in all aspects of life,
it could be because your environment is affecting you adversely.  For
example I used to go to sleep late and wake up early in the morning.  The
resulting lack of sleep made me forgetful and unable to concentrate.
When I started going to bed earlier these problems vanished without the
need for medecines etc.  As Satish wrote, yoga might be of help as it is
about control of mind, body, and senses.  But only someone who knows you
and your situation personally can properly guide you in such matters.