[Advaita-l] New Member Introduction: Prof. Mackenzie Brown

Ravisankar Mayavaram abhayambika at gmail.com
Sat Jun 19 14:57:10 CDT 2010

Here is a brief description of myself:
I am a professor of Religion at Trinity University in San Antonio, Texas.  I
have a Ph.D. in the History of Religion from Harvard University (1973). My
special field was the Hindu Tradition, with sub-fields in Purāṇic literature
and Advaita Vedānta.  In recent years I have become interested in the
intersection of religion and science in general, and Hinduism and science in
particular, especially the attitude of Hindus of various affiliations
towards evolution.
My interest in Advaita Vedānta at this point in my life is one of a scholar.
I have been working for a number of years on a book entitled “Hindu
Perspectives on Evolution and Creation: Darwin, Dharma, and Design.” As part
of the research for the book, I am investigating the attitudes of important
Hindu groups, one of the most important being that of Advaita Vedānta.
Regards,

Mackenzie Brown