[Advaita-l] sAkshi bhAva or sarvAtma bhAva - a fresh doubt !!??

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Thu Jun 24 03:39:16 CDT 2010

praNAms
Hare Krishna

We have seen in advaita there are two types of view points.  One point of
view says jnAni is like sAkshi, though there is disturbances in 'his'
prakruti, he would think that it is only prakruti running this show (guNa
guNEshu vartante) and he wanted to be a witnes without getting attached to
it...Another view point advocates the view that jnAni entertains sarvAtma
bhAva, he would see nothing apart from HIM ...so in this case of 'sarvam
khalvidaM brahma'..he cannot be a sAkshi to witness the 'prakruti'
show...HE is prakruti, HE is the witness what to say HE is everything & HE
does not see anything 'vyatireka' to HIS svarUpa  (brahmArpaNam brahma
havi, brahmAgnau, brahmaNAhutaM)....My question is,  which one is out of
these two view point, the 'ultimate' realization of the jnAni whether it
is sAkshi bhAva or sarvAtma bhAva??  IMO in sAkshi bhAva there seems to be
duality, one is nirvikAri sAkshi who is the witness & the other one is
prakruti which is still entertaining the 'feelings & emotions' and
allowing the 'witness' to witness this 'show' is it not ??

I posed this doubt in another list also..I hope learned prabhuji-s in this
list would enlighten me with their thoughtful insights...My special
request to my cybernet guruji Sri Vidya prabhuji to spend his valuable
time on my question.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar