[Advaita-l] Meaning required for a shloka on 'arthavAdaH'

Vidyasankar Sundaresan svidyasankar at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 8 16:18:20 CST 2010

Please check the Encyclopedia of Indian Philosophies translation at the
following link (might have to copy and paste into a single line):

http://books.google.com/books?id=TCWU_ua5kxgC&lpg=PA436&ots=MerpQ3WOs5&dq=arthavada%20vedanta&pg=PA436#v=onepage&q=arthavada%20vedanta&f=true

This is from sureSvarAcArya's bRhadAraNyakopanishad bhAshya vArttika. The
English translation is by Pt. S. Subrahmanya Sastri (long associated with Sri
Dakshinamurti Math, Varanasi, and the Maheshanand Research Institute, Mt.
Abu). I'm not sure if the vArttika has the same verse as quoted below, but
the substance is the same.

Best regards,

Vidyasankar