[Advaita-l] Atma Pradakshina

sriram nagaraj sriram_photon at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 11 21:04:41 CST 2010

Dear List Members,

I cam across the following incident which I thought I may share:

In the evening when some devotees were beginning giripradakshina, (circumambulation around the hill Arunachala), Sundaresa Iyer, a long-standing devotee also felt like going with them. Then feeling that he might not be able to complete the round, as the others were taking leave, he quickly went around Bhagavan. Bhagavan asked him why he was doing this. He replied, “I am afraid I cannot go around the hill, so I have gone around Bhagavan.” “Go around yourself That will be Atma pradakshina,” Bhagavan said with smile.

Another devotee remarked, “It means he has done what Vinayaka once did”. Bhagavan was then asked to tell that story...

Namo Namah Sri Guru Paadukaabhyam

Sriram Nagaraj

--The inner Light illuminates our minds--