[Advaita-l] 'Vedic History' and 'Worldly History' Part Two

Kuntimaddi Sadananda ksadananda108 at gmail.com
Sat Mar 13 04:19:10 CST 2010

Subbuji - PraNams

First I appreciated the differences in terms of characters in the Veda's and
in the puraaNaas.

Coming from a rational background, I look at the Veda, the pure knowledge
part, is apouruSheyam. The incidental characters that helped to discover the
eternally existing truths are incidentals - the same way I look at the story
of apple falling on the head of Newton for the discovery of the eternally
existing gravitational law.

The story part including the Mahaabhaarata war in the Gita is only
dramatization of the teachings to help in terms of Gita in the light of
internal conflicts. Shankara did not comment at all on the first chapter of
Gita.

Other than the fact that incidents in life trigger the mind to inquire into
the underlying the truth of the experiences, that includes the apple falling
on the head, I prefer not to give any more importance than is requird to
understand the knowledge behind the incidents. The knowledge is eternal and
has to be apurusheyam- that includes even the gravitational laws. The
scientist has to be in meditation for the mind to comprehend the ever
existing laws.

Agreed that it is also my perspective in sepearating the incidental
characters from the knowledge and its relavence to the humanity.

Hari Om!
Sadananda