[Advaita-l] Swami Nithyananda

Anbu sivam2 anbesivam2 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 22 07:03:52 CDT 2010

I am not disagreeing with the traditional concept of Guru though I have
continuously held that a Guru is for each individual who is destined and
cannot be generalized.

I am merely pointing out that once you generalize then such generalization
is an opinion that 'becomes' agreeable to some and disagreeable to others.
In such a context the need for the Guru however is not negated but merely
filled by whims.  I see aashrams, inmates, saffron robes but the contents of
these are completely at cross purposes to what was originally intended.

What gives rise to that?  How they can be curbed?  These are valid
questions.

Nithyananda and many other neo-swamys have continuously invoked
Sankaracharya and some orthodox people may feel violated by it.

At the end of the day, may of these neo-swamys may prove to be terribly
bogus, I am afraid.  The paamara janas who were in need of the 'Guru' would
have been cheated and then the false religions will jump in to exploit the
situation to convert them to their religions.

I hope readers would ponder on this.

Aum Sri GurubyO Namaha
Anbu