[Advaita-l] A note on ‘Avidya lesha’ 'अविद्यालेशः’ (Part 2)

annasmurthy . annasmurthy at sify.com
Tue Mar 30 23:23:12 CDT 2010

From: H.N.Sreenivasa Murthy
Pranams to all.

On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 5:15 PM, V Subrahmanian <v.subrahmanian at gmail.com>wrote:

Respected Sir,

       Won't you feel it is more beneficial to draw the attention of the
mumukshu to vidya instead of dealing with avidya? Too much of information on
all these  matters which have to be finally discarded, of what use it?
       I would request you, a reputed scholar on advaita who studied Vedanta
at the feet of a great teacher, help us to cognize the following statements
of
 Sri Shanakara within oneself by oneself :
     (1) AtmA hi nAma svarUpam ||
          [Brahmasutra : 1-1-4]
     (2) paramAtmA hi sarvEShAm AtmA ||
           [ bRuhAdAraNyaka; 2-4-6]
    (3)  aSarIratA hi AtmanaH svarUpam ||
             [Chandogya : 8-3-4]
    (4) nAsya AtmanO antarbahirvA caitanyAdanyadrUpamasti , caitanyamEva tu
nirantaramasya svarUpaM ||
             [brahmasUtra : 3-2-16]

       This will be the greatest help you will be rendering to mumukshus. I
thank you in anticipation.

With respectful regards,
  Sreenivasa Murthy

Continued from Part 1