[Advaita-l] Hare Krsna & Advaita Vedanta

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Sat May 1 01:37:55 CDT 2010

On Fri, 30 Apr 2010, Bhaskar YR wrote:

>>  For me this battle is already over and now I hold shankara's Atmaikatva
> vidya / philosophy is the final verdict of shruti mAta..I may argue with
> traditional or orthodox advaitins here in this forum, it is because
> advaita where I've been taught, studied, learnt is slightly different from
> that of traditional one..Atleast those who mainly engage in these
> discussions with me know that my intention is not to belittle the
> shankara's philosophy..At the worst, they can only think I've
> misunderstood & misrepresenting the advaita vedanta :-))

Bhaskar,

Very admirable outlook!  Your "job" as it were is to express your
understanding. You should not feel ashamed or apologetic for holding
honestly held views.  Only thing is if you are persuaded that some view of
your is in error, then you should be willing to change your mind.

And that applies to all sides.  For instance when I asked about adhikarins
it was not a "aha got you!" verbal trap.  I am genuinely interested in
what Swami Sacchidanandendra Saraswati has to say.  Although given the
evidence presented so far I suspect he is wrong on some of the subjects
under discussion, his intelligence and scholarship are too great to simply
dismiss out of hand.