[Advaita-l] A help required regarding some Sanskrit words

Vidyasankar Sundaresan svidyasankar at hotmail.com
Thu May 6 15:26:24 CDT 2010

> IMO, this is not the sense of निःश्रेयः whose explanation is simpler -
> निश्चितं श्रेयः निःश्रेयसम्.
>
> Anyway, further discussion, if any, is probably best offline.

I am thinking of the usage of niHSreyasa in the gItAbhAshya introduction,
where it means the supreme goal, i.e. liberation, as compared to abhyudaya,
worldly prosperity. A similar usage of both words is in the vaiSeshika sUtras
too. Here, the word usage is not just in the sense of "sure welfare" (niScita
Sreyas), but of something to which there is nothing superior.

That said, other grammatical issues could be taken offline, if needed.

Regards,

Vidyasankar