[Advaita-l] yadA carmavat & BGB 13.2

Shyam shyam_md at yahoo.com
Mon May 10 14:58:15 CDT 2010

Dear Shri Murali
Pranams.
The reference is to the famous quotation in the Shve. Up. "yada charmavadakasham veshtayishyanti maanavah..." - which simply means that only when man can figure out how to roll up this entire expanse of space like he would roll up a leather-skin, can there be an end to samsara without knowledge of the Lord. In other words there is only one way out of samsara and that is through jnana.

It is in the very same sense as the Purusha suktam "na anya pantha vidyate yanaya". The context of this (viz. the fruit of jnana vs. ajnana) as explained in that bhashya - you have yourself provided, and summarized very nicely.

Trust this clarifies.
Hari OM
Shri Gurubhyo namah
Shyam