[Advaita-l] Assistance required please

Praveen R. Bhat bhatpraveen at gmail.com
Thu May 20 08:23:50 CDT 2010

Hari Om, Kamal ji,

About the statue of the Bhagavatpada, I'm not sure about the size you're
looking for and the material, but if it is of any help to you, some 4-5
years back, while at Sringeri Math at Bangalore, I was drawn to Acharya's
murti and had to get it home. This one is made of plaster of paris, painted
brown, some 7 inches tall, placed on a pedestal that adds another 3 inches.
If it suits you, you may kindly inquire of at the Bangalore branch at
Shankar Math Road, Basavanagudi.

Other knowledgeable members have recommended on necessary vidhi. AFAIK, and
to my belief, if you install any pratimA with Vedic vidhi, a daily pUjA is
mandated. Without the installation, it is just a statue.

Kind rgds,
--Praveen R. Bhat
[Br.Up. 4.5.15] */