[Advaita-l] Sri Narasimha Jayanti - Wednesday, 26th May 2010

Murali Karamchedu murali_m_k at msn.com
Wed May 26 13:36:14 CDT 2010

>In the tradition, people do a puja and read the Prahlada Charitram from the
>Srimad Bhagavatam.

Dear List Members,

Here are some beautiful verses from the Vishnu Purana (19th adhyaya) which are
part of Prahlada's stuti. For those interested, here are the links to Vishnu Purana:

http://www.archive.org/details/SriSriVishnuPurana
http://ia341308.us.archive.org/2/items/SriSriVishnuPurana/SriSriVishnuPurana.tif

Om namo vAsudevAya tasmai bhagavate sadA |
vyatirikta.m na yasyAsti vyatirikto'khilasya yaH ||
[apart from whom, nothing exists, and who is apart from all.]

Om namo vishNave tasmai namastasmai punaH punaH |
yatra sarvam yataH sarvam yaH sarvam sarvasamSrayaH ||
[In whom is all, from whom all comes, who is all and is the basis of all.]

sarvagatvAdanantasya sa evAhamavasthitaH |
mattaH sarvamaham sarvam mayi sarvam sanAtane ||
[Since the endless one is all encompassing, he indeed is fashioned as me.
All is from me, I am all, and all exists in the ancient me.]

ahamevAkSayo nityaH paramAtmA AtmasamSrayaH |
brahmasa.mjno'hamevAgre tathAnte ca paraH pumAn ||
[I am indeed the unwithering, eternal paramAtma - the basis of the self.
I am the superlative being - the brahman, existing at the creation of the
universe as well as its end.]

Regards,
Murali Manohar