[Advaita-l] YogaVashishta and Gaudapada karikas.

Sunil Bhattacharjya sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 8 02:33:53 CST 2010

Dear Srikantaji,

I said that it is available in the Bhagavad Gita of 745 verses. It appears that you have not read the Gitamana verse of the Bhagavad Gita which says that there are 745 verses in the Bhagavad Gita.  Now please don't take it as my  trying to show off my knowledge. I an telling you what I read in the Mahabharata myself. The manuscript from Varanasi had this verse as published in the Gondal royal library has this verse. As you are well-read on Vedanta Desha you must be knowing that Vedanta Deshika also knew about the rare verses if the Bhagavad Gita.

Please do not come to a hasty decision without knowing what Yogavashishtha told about yoga. Also tell me where Gaudapada.says Yoga to be unnecessary. You have to understand Gaudapada's statements. Controllong ming is difficult and Arjuna says the same thing to Lord and Lord told that Abhyasha makes it possible.

Sunil K. Bhattacharjya