[Advaita-l] Jainism and Buddhism.

Sunil Bhattacharjya sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 9 10:45:10 CST 2010

Shri Srikanta,

1)
Earlier you tried to prove that Jainism preceded Buddhism by one century by bringing in the date of Lord Mahavir and Lord Buddha as was propagated by the colonial historians and then pursued by the Marxist historians. Now failed in that attempt you are bringing in the 24 Tirthankaras from the hoary past while conveniently ignoring the 24 Buddhas. Let the learned group members notice this.
 2)
Jaina name itself evolved from Jina and Lord Mahavira was Jaina. All Jaina teachings came from Lord Mahavir and texts came only after Mahavir.

In 1963 when i was in the BARC training school  I had to learn quite a few subjects like Nuclear Physics, reactor physics and Electronics etcand  in the very beginningof the Electronics course we had to do some exercises on the Thevenin's theorem for simplifying the circuits by looking back. Being a professor in electronics You may say that the Electronics I learnt in those days may be learnt by the elementary scoolboys these days and you may explain the Thevenin's theorem more elegantly.  What I want to say is that in Thevenin,s theorem one looks back for a useful purpose without ignoring anything in the circuit but you are disowning your earlier statements and trying to show as if you ever knew everything.

Sincerely,

Sunil K. Bhattacharjya