[Advaita-l] Questions on Mayavada.

srikanta srikanta at nie.ac.in
Wed Nov 10 03:56:35 CST 2010

Dear Sunil Bhattacharyaji,
I would like to tell you that my definition of Dharmakaya,sambhogha kaya
and the Nirmanakaya is based on the Lankavatara sutra.The Lankavatara
sutra is representative of a large body of literature and is particularly
important for an understanding of the Mahayana tradition.Like the Lotus
sutra and the perfection of wisdom sutra,the Lnkavatara is a voluminous
work.Scholars have tended to date the written work to as late as the
fourth century of the common era.A survey of the sutra reveals a number of
germinal ideas that were systemazied and elaborated on by Mahayana masters
like Asanga and Vasubandhu.If we remember that both these masters lived in
the fourth centuryC.E,we will have to place the formulation of the
doctrines contained in the Lankavatara well before that time.
If you have evidences to the Prajnaparamita say what is the definition of
Dharmakaya,sambhogakaya and Nirmanakaya?

Sincerely,                                              N.Srikanta.