[Advaita-l] Does Brahman know?

Sunil Bhattacharjya sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 26 13:22:32 CST 2010

Dear Venkateshji,

You are right. In the Turiya state one attains the Oneness, albeit for the duration of that time oif deep sleep and there is nothing to be known. Permanent oneness is realized only after the final fall of the body, ie. when one is beyond the cycle of birth and death.

"Sarvam khalvidam Brahma". So which object other than Him He needs to know?  Is there anything else other than Himself to know.? Does He need eyes like ours to see objects or does he need ears like ours to hear sounds of this world? Any efforts to describe Brahman's whys and hows will be futile. The answer will be only Neti Neti. Kena tells us that It is because of Him that our ears can enable us to hear and because of Him that our eyes can enable us to hear etc.

Regards.

Sunil K. Bhattacharjya