[Advaita-l] Questions regarding Adwaita vedanta.

Sunil Bhattacharjya sunil_bhattacharjya at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 4 15:01:00 CDT 2010

Dear friends,

I think that if one understands that Lord (whether as Lord  Vishnu or as Lord Shiva), is Shunya (as given in the Sahashranaamas in the Mahabharata and the Purana respectively) then one will easily understand the true meaning of Advaita.  When he or she will become void of a particular / specific body or shunya in his or her bhava and then he or she becomes like the Lord . When he or she thus  transcends the body, then he or she will easily be able to see his or her own self in all beings. That oneness is truly the Advaita bhava. The identification with the body permanently (Dvaita bhava) or  along with the oneness with the Lord felt simultaneously (Visishtadvaita) are for the lesser people who cannot de-identify with the body ie. fails to identify with the Lord permanently. I am sure that most of us know the famous sloka attributed to Hanuman where he introduced himself to Lord Rama. That sloka explains the Dvaita, Vishishtadvaita and Advaita very
 nicely.

Regards,

Sunil K. Bhattacharjya