[Advaita-l] Questions on Mayavada by Krishna

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 9 10:59:17 CDT 2010

Kindly study the life of Chaitanya you will understand he got many non
Brahmin followers. He converted even Muslims to Vaishnavas.  As a
matter of fact Vaishnavas with only the Vaikhanasas exception have not
preserved pure Brahmin culture at any time.  They mix with non
Brahmins.  The Smarthas only have preserved Brahmin culture the
Vaishnavas are impure in this way. They took lot of non Brahmins and
converted them.   Adi Sankara did not take non Brahmin followers.
IskCon continues the encouragement of non Brahmins very much.  They
even praise Puranas and non Vedic granthas like Pancharatra more than
Vedas. This is the background.

If you explain to Vaishnavas the pure philosophy Advaita they get a
headache. Why? They cannot understand it. How can a dull person
understand Advaita? For them singing bhajans and Hari Katha is good .
We should not worry. Advaita is for pure and intelligent people like
Smarthas.  But dull heads are jealous like the fox.  It jumped to get
grapes but could not reach it. So it said grapes are sour. The
Vaishnavas cannot understand Advaita. So they say Advaita is bad it is
like Buddhism it is Mayavada. Grapes are sour.

Regards

-Venkatesh