[Advaita-l] pUrvajas' karma / pApa & our burden

Ramesh Nagarajan rameshnj18us at gmail.com
Wed Sep 15 08:25:29 CDT 2010

Dear Bhaskar,

Yes absolutely.  Please note I have mentioned wouldn't matter (and not
wouldn't affect the body).  Even after Self-Realization, a Brahma
Jnani still goes through his prarbdha
and affects his body.  We have seen that in the case of Ramana
Maharishi.  He had mentioned the arrow has left from the bow already
and we can't do anything about it.

Someone asked Ramana Maharishi does sarcoma (cancer) causes pain to
him.  He responded, yes it is similar to 100s of scorpions stinging at
the same time and he exclaimed, but who
is suffering from this pain? and it is not affecting me.  Thus, for a
vedanti prarbdha wouldn't matter for him, while his body continues to
go through as per his karma palah.

Thanks,
Ramesh