[Advaita-l] Chitrahuti (fwd)

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Wed Apr 6 06:47:30 CDT 2011

A couple of points are worth mentioning. As per the
RigvedIya Brahmakarmasamuccaya, the food is sprinkled with water charged
with the mantra "svAdo pito madho pito..." (Rig veda 1.187.2), before it
is
eaten.

praNAms
Hare Krishna

Nothing is there  in BKS  about 'chitrAhuti' prabhuji??  In Rig veda
prayOga deepika, (by Ved.Br. Shree dhAli Lakshmi Narasima shAstri, he is a
National award winner & salakshana Rigveda ghanapAti) under the section
bhOjana vidhi, he says chitrAhuti should be given to chitra, chitragupta,
yama & sarva bhuta before bhOjana, and geeta shloka 'pachAmyannam
chaturvidham' should be chanted ...and he talks about the another
practice, in which a leaf is covered on this chitrAhuti-s and he says
during bhOjana it should not be seen since these 'Ahuti-s' are considered
as sura and 'dog flesh', he quotes one shloka also to support this.  And
in yajurveda also we offer these chitrAhuti-s, but sofar I've not checked
shAstrAdhAra for this ritual.

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar