[Advaita-l] 20, 21 and 22

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 05:40:18 CDT 2011

Namaste

Ramanuja Bhashya is important  after Adi Sankara.

Madhvacharya Bhashya is important after Ramanuja. Other Bhashyas have
no importance today though they were important long ago. Who is
following Bhaskara and Srikantha? Not many followers today.

In South India we have only the three Acharyas followers in Brahmins.
20 21 and 22 are treated in this way.

Though some numerology may be there it is certainly helping us to
remember the three Acharyas Bhashyas in brief.

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 6:38 PM, Vidyasankar Sundaresan
<svidyasankar at hotmail.com> wrote:

>> Down the line from generations, some of the historical facts are either lost
>> or not recorded properly.

>> //
>> This is the neat theory of 20, 21 and 22.  Any comments?
>>
>> //
>>
>> These are just the gimmicks of so-called numerlogists !!!
>>

> Indeed. Between Sankara and Ramanuja, we have a commentary by Bhaskara,
> written from a Bhedabheda viewpoint. Between Ramanuja and Madhva, or maybe
> contemporaneously with Ramanuja, there is a commentary by Srikantha, from a
> Saiva viewpoint. So, even if we assume that there were 19 earlier commentaries
> and that of Sankara bhagavatpAda is the 20th, Ramanuja's commentary is by
> no means the 21st and Madhva's is by no means the 22nd.
>
> Thus, it is not even loss of improper record of history. It is a wilful neglect of well-
> recorded history, just to indulge in supposedly numerological gimmicks!
>
> Regards,
> Vidyasankar

-Venkatesh