[Advaita-l] New member: Nagendra S. Rao

Jaldhar H. Vyas jaldhar at braincells.com
Fri Apr 15 23:16:54 CDT 2011

My name is Nagendra Rao.

I hail from Karnataka and I am a svatah and parampara sishya of the late
Mahasannidhanam, Sri Abhinava Vidyateertha Mahaswamigal of Sringeri Matha.

My educational background was in Physics and Mathematics and subsequent
doctoral studies in business management.  Most of my life I was a
corporate strategy consultant.  I am semi-retired and currently living in
New York, USA.

My Vedanta studies and dhyanabhyasa came through the anugraham and
detailed direction of Mahasannidhanam, though it took place in Bangalore,
North India and elsewhere.

It is also true that I studied for many years with 'nastika bhattacharyas'
both Chinese Ch'an and Tibetan Vajrachara.  Also Sufi Islam from the
tradition of Abd al "Quadr al Jilani through Shaikh Muhaiyadeen from
Jaffna. I might add that Mahasannidhanam who was my jnana guru vide Sarva
Vedanta Siddhanta Sara Samgraha was fully aware and briefed of these
pursuits of mine.