[Advaita-l] advaitha;visishtadvaitha;and Dvaitha

sriram srirudra at vsnl.com
Mon Aug 1 11:16:42 CDT 2011

Namaskarams
Not only Dvaithins even Visishtadvaithins seem to hold scant respect for our Acharya Sri Bhagavadpathal.If you listen to the CD of Sri U.V.Velukudi Krishnan Swamigal containing his discourses on Sri Vishnu Sahasranama you will notice this.Especially about Saguna and Nirguna Brahman.My view is that this kind of lowering the image of the Acharya by the Dvaithins/Visishtadvaithins is only due to their ignorance in understanding the Acharya`s grasp of the sayings of Sruthi as it is and not as it should be.If you read the Bhashyams-Parasara Bhattar for example- of the others they will add some a to note a negativity to substantiate their view point and do  padha chedham to suit their  vyakyanam according to Visishtadvaithic view point.Better to leave them alone.
R.Krishnamoorthy.