[Advaita-l] ChidAbhAsa and Ishvara

Venkata sriram P venkatasriramp at yahoo.in
Fri Aug 5 02:21:39 CDT 2011

Namaste Subbuji,

////

The आभासः reflection of चित् Consciousness (चिदः आभासः प्रतिबिम्बः
चिदाभासः). With this vyutpatti we can, without flaw, say that the samaShThi
shareeraabhimAni has/is chidAbhAsaH

//

Shri Bellamkonda Ramaraya Kavih while referring to pratibimba tattva refers to Jiva and
gives references from Siddhanta Lesha Sangraha.

Imagine a Sun in the Sky to be Chit; it's reflection in Pond (Ishwara) is said to be Bimba.

When we collect the Pond's Water in a Jar / Pot (Jiva), the reflection of the Sun in the
Jar / Pot is "pratibimba".

So, the reflection of consciousness in the Jiva (pratibimba) is also called chidAbhAsaH.

regs,
Sriram