[Advaita-l] On sanskrit grammar on the ongoing online grammar class

Shyam Subramanian shyamsub at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 10:51:59 CDT 2011

Sri Srikanta,

Can you explain how cit+AbhAsa becoming cidAbhAsa is guNa sandhi ? Where is
the guNa here? As has been pointed out, guNa sandhi can only be ac-sandhi
(or svara sandhi) since guNa (by the very second sUtra "ade~N guNa:" in the
ashTAdhyAyI) refers to "a,e,o". cit becoming cid is due to "jhalAM jaSonte"
which, incidentally, is in the hal-sandhi prakaraNa in the
laghu-siddhAnta-kaumudI.

Regards,
Shyam