[Advaita-l] Why are we not liberated?

Srikanta Narayanaswami srikanta.narayanaswami at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 11 02:12:54 CDT 2011

In the words of Jiddu .. to realize that there is nothing to realize is the realization.  This statement looks
simple, but to reach that state, as you said, one should get himself free from all entaglements. But even thats not easy as long as  we attach to the identity " I" . No doubt that " I" is requiered to relate with others in this physical plain. But once we start
consciously using it only as a tool to relate with others, its very simple.
I am sorry to say that the talks of Jiddu Krishnamurthy ,his conversations his commentaries on living(evidently he wants to contrast his from the Shankara's commentary)is full of contradictions.To say that "there is nothing to realize
is the realization is a cruel joke and self-defeatist.
N.Srikanta.