[Advaita-l] the qualification to be an advaita guru

kuntimaddi sadananda kuntimaddisada at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 11 07:53:14 CDT 2011

And Bhaskarji - The truth is a path-less land is the famous quoted declaration of JK. In fact, that statement is true too; the infinite cannot have a path; is it not? - Nor a subject can be found by any means- that is also true; That is the reason why we need scriptures and a sampradaaya teacher to point out to us to see what cannot be seen or overlooked to see that is daringly obvious and as though masked by a vail of ignorance for us to see otherwise.

Just for a thought, before getting confused in terms of role(s) of bhakti and/or jnaana - reminds me of the sloka that ends -.... kRitvaa jnaanam swayam nasyat, jalam katakarenu vat|

Krishna said - lokesmin dvidhaa niShTA... . where karma and jnaana are only specified - not bhakti separately, since it is the underlying principle in both.

Just my 2cents!

Hari Om!
Sadananda