[Advaita-l] j~nAna, aj~nAna and sarvaj~natvam

Ramesh Krishnamurthy rkmurthy at gmail.com
Thu Aug 11 13:20:57 CDT 2011

On 11 August 2011 16:12, Rajaram Venkataramani <rajaramvenk at gmail.com>wrote:

>   1. In the case of diseases of the body and mind, it is due to prarabda
>   karma. It is exhausted through experience though changeable through
>   prayascitta karma, bhagavat bhakti etc. But visesha-ajnana is due to
> avidya.
>   If avidya is destroyed with respect to the jiva, then what is the cause
> of
>   visesha-ajnana in a brahma-jnani?
>   2. An aparoksha jnani is identical to brahman. Brahman is neither a
>   knower nor ignorant but pure knowledge itself. Given that, how can any
> thing
>   remain known or unknown to Brahman?

Response:

Actually, all these issues have already been addressed in my previous posts.
In fact, the questions are based on deeper misunderstandings you seem to
have.

Moreover, even if you had clearly understood your own earlier statements on
sAkShI, some of these misunderstandings would not have arisen.

Anyway, if possible, please read the previous posts again. All the answers
are already there. Here is a clue. Since you talk of prArabdha, what is the
cause of prArabdha? Who is affected by prArabdha? What is a brahmaj~nAnI's
view of prArabdha? Is prArabdha mithyA or satya? If an aparokSha j~nAnI is
brahman, how can he be affected by prArabdha?

Anyone who understood the previous posts should be able to answer the above
questions, and vice-versa as well. (I am not suggesting that you should post
the responses here. That is your choice.)