[Advaita-l] Ritambara Prajna

Venkata sriram P venkatasriramp at yahoo.in
Tue Aug 16 09:43:15 CDT 2011

Sunilji,

////

Will you like to give your opinion regarding the need  to recite
the Vasistha-shaapmochana, Vishwamitra-shaapmochana
and Brahma-shaapmochana mantras (as practised by some)
while doing the Gayatri japa.

//

My guruji didn't practice the above and hence i don't. The safest path is to follow the footprints of one's guruji.

BTW, the above doesn't find the mention in Sandhyavandana.  The sandhyavandana alongwith prANAyAma as mentioned in the smritis, if followed perfectly, bestows
mEdhA & prajnA.  The problem is we don't follow the sandhya "as prescribed".
Sandhya is just not a "15 minutes affair".

regs,
Sriram