[Advaita-l] apaurusheyatva of veda-s

Dr. Yadu Moharir ymoharir at yahoo.com
Sun Aug 21 21:02:23 CDT 2011

Namaste:

This discussion not only confirms but validates the concept
of “Information Theory” from applied mathematics. According to the information
theory, “information
that which is certain in the beginning tends to become uncertain with the
passage of time.” Information theory can be illustrated by looking at the
Pyramids. People who built them had the specific knowledge about constructing
them, but through the passage of time details regarding construction are lost
in the antiquity.

This principal
has clearly affected languages, knowledge from veda(especially the viniyogaportion) as well as ancient history. This
will continue to escalate (increasing entropy) unless scholars from various
disciplines interact and cross-check pauraaNikaainterpretations in accordance with archaeological and other evidence
from known history of neighboring countries, such as, Iran, Afghanistan region
and China. Ultimately this may help us understand the real utility from our
heritage.

I see no agreement not just between Dvaita, Madhava and Advatins but even amongst their own sub-sets either.. For crying out loud do Shankaracharya's from four major MaThaa agree with each other?  That means this again validates the Information Theory.  Original message was understood at the beginning but not it is getting more and more distorted.  Probably some realixed this and that is why Vedanta paribhaaSha was penned.

Last week a Swami from Chinmaya Mission while talking on Bhagvat puraaNa in Bomant Texas area conveniently proclaimed "madra desha" as Madras.  I do do not know where they get their training but ignorance (Entropy) seems to be escalating exponentially.

Best wishes

Dr. Yadu

NOTE: Information Theory is based on probability theoryand statistics. The most important
quantities of information are  entropy, the information in a random variable, and mutual information, the amount of information in common between
two random variables. Practical examples of Information Theory are DSL, MP3.