[Advaita-l] apaurusheyatva of veda-s

श्रीमल्ललितालालितः lalitaalaalitah at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 07:50:17 CDT 2011

*श्रीमल्ललितालालितः <http://www.lalitaalaalitah.com>
lalitAlAlitaH <http://about.me/lalitaalaalitah/bio>*

On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 15:55, V Subrahmanian <v.subrahmanian at gmail.com>wrote:

> But can this be extended to the case of
> Jnanis of the Upanishads or other jnanis of our world ?  For example, in
> the
> Br.Up. Janaka is shown as an aspirant after knowledge and Yajnavalkya, his
> teacher, expounds the Vedanta tattva and at the end even declares 'abhayam
> vai janaka prApto'si' (O Janaka, you have attained the Fearless).  If this
> event were to repeat kalpa after kalpa there will be the eventuality of
> Janaka, a mukta in one kalpa, having to be born as a seeker/samsari in
> another and seek jnana through the same Yajnavalkya and attain 'abhayam'
> only to be born again in another kalpa and so on.  This is just one
> instance.  There are several others like Nachiketa getting enlightened,
> Bhrugu (Tai.Up.) a seeker first and a knower later.

If you know that veda-s are eternal and apauruSheya, it is inevitable to
accept that those people or places said in veda were not essentially
existent at any time. If you say that those existed and veda-s were written
after seeing them, it will make your veda-s pauruSheya. Even if you say that
they evolved after veda-s because veda-s are true, then you have to show any
other pramANa for their existence other than veda-s.
So, I think it is better to relate your question to people of history or
purANa.