[Advaita-l] Sanskrit contradicts

anil aggrwal aaggarwal at wi.rr.com
Sat Dec 3 12:15:13 CST 2011

The first one is more true

Anil Aggarwal

-----Original Message-----
From: advaita-l-bounces at lists.advaita-vedanta.org
[mailto:advaita-l-bounces at lists.advaita-vedanta.org] On Behalf Of
mc1 at aol.com
Sent: Saturday, December 03, 2011 8:18 AM
To: advaita-l at lists.advaita-vedanta.org
Subject: [Advaita-l] Sanskrit contradicts

Dear fellow virtual Advaitins,

I have found two opposing translations of Bhagavad Gita VII,24. I am not a
Sanskritist and would appreciate some philological insightsufficient to
humble a BhaktiVedanta devotee in the airport.

"Those who lack discrimination, not knowing my limitless,changeless nature
beyond which there is nothing greater, look upon me who isformless as one
endowed with a manifest form. " -Swami Dayananda

"The unintelligent, unaware of My supreme state which isimmutable and
unsurpassable, think of Me as the unmanifest that has becomemanifest. "
-Swami Gambhirananda

At your collective feet,
MichaelChandra Shekar Cohen