[Advaita-l] structured approach to learning advaita

Rajaram Venkataramani rajaramvenk at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 10:47:24 CST 2011

There is no one way but following is the suggestion by Shri Mani
Dravid Sastrigal to learn Advaita Vedanta.

1. Prakarana Granthas
2. Vedanta  Paribhasa
3. Upanishad Bhasyams of Shankara
4. Brahma Sutra Bhashyam of Shankara
5. Gita Bhashyam

It may be interesting to note that Gita Bhashyam is after BSB!

While learning 2, it is good to get a grounding in Vyakharana, Tarka,
Mimamsa and Nyaya. Of course, it is good to learn from a teacher or
get our understanding checked and doubts clarified at each stage.