[Advaita-l] Incorrect comparisons?

Sumitha Ramachandran sumitha.rama at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 18 03:10:47 CST 2011

Namaste.
       There are two reasons given in Narayaneeyam as to why Lakshmi is a fickle Godess
In Canto 2 ( The Formful Aspect Of The Lord),  verse 4 and verse 5.

As she is so attached to Lord Vishnu's (Formful) beauty that she abandons her devotees.
She is unsteady in abiding with others including her devotees and not with those who sing Lord Vishnu's excellences.

 We can see from Shankara's Prshnottara Ratna Malika that chapalam is assosiated with youth ( youvanam), dhanam( wealth) and  lifetime( Ayuhu).

humbly,
smt.sumitha