[Advaita-l] Incorrect comparisons?

Rajaram Venkataramani rajaramvenk at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 22:58:21 CST 2011

On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 3:44 PM, Br. Pranipata Chaitanya <
pranipata at hotmail.com> wrote:

> subhavamulla in p. 124 of the same book and says it is nilayatra.  It is
> used in the sense of unsteady.
>
> >> Do you not see there in Sanskrit verse itself saMcacAla and not
>  saMchhachhAla.
>
> > I wish to know where, in which work, verse, the above word occurs?.  In
> the Shankaravijayam verse under discussion I do not see this word.
>
> Hari Om Shri Subrahmanianji, Pranaams!
>
> The original question(doubt) of Shri Rajaramji was about translated Tamil
> word saMchhala in verse 7 of upotghAta - sarga 1.
>
> His current question(doubt) is about original Sanskrit word saMcacAla
> occuring in verse 118 of saMnyAsagrahaNam - sarga 5.
>
> I think so.
>
> In Shri Guru Smriti,
> Br. Pranipata Chaitanya
>
> Rajaram: There is only one question and that is about the appropriateness
of the use of sanJala subhavamulla  with regard to Lakshmi in verse 4
(upotghAta). There were responses on why the scholars felt that this is
appropriate coparison. Yours is a unique position that saMchhalA pertains
to the word natI and I confused ca~ncalA and saMchhalA. I did not and do
not yet think so because my question was simply about saNJala in the
translation. As evidence I showed that the translator uses the same Tamil
word saNjala in verse 118 (saMnyAsagrahanam) as well. In verse 4, for
lakshmi (wealth) and in verse 118, for lightning.