[Advaita-l] Adhyaropa-Apavada Nyaya.

Srikanta Narayanaswami srikanta.narayanaswami at yahoo.com
Tue Feb 8 05:26:50 CST 2011

Pranams.
With reference to the above topic,though Sri.Shankara has stated in his Bhashyas
that,"Adhyaropa-apavada nyayabhyam nishprapancam prapancyata"this part belongs
to the pedagogical tool of teaching Adwaita vedanta.We donot find that this
approach or method is adopted in any of the earlier Adwaitic texts,either in the
Upanishads ,Brahmasutras,or  the prakarana granthas like Gaudapada
karikas.Though we can understand from the Upanishads Bhashyas and the
Bhagawadgita bhashya of Sri.Shankara that this approach is adopted,it is not
explicitly stated  in the Upanishads,Brahmasutras,or the Bhagawadgita.

Bhava Shankara Deshika me
saranam.
N.Srikanta.