[Advaita-l] Tantric Acts

Venkatesh Murthy vmurthy36 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 12 03:55:43 CST 2011

On Wed, Jan 12, 2011 at 11:09 AM, Satish Arigela
<satisharigela at yahoo.com> wrote:

>>This Maithuna by groups allowed in Tantric books? If it is in books
>>what is meaning behind this?
>
> That is part of chakra pUja and is *infinitely and incomprehensibly*(mark these
> two words!!) different from what was written in that book. The meaning is not
> something that can be explained in a few words(let me confess i dont understand
> it completly either). Reams of explanation will do nothing if the one receiving
> is not in the correct frame of mind or ripe enough. These are meant only for
> some individuals and they are impossible to perform these days and some aspects
> of these rituals are no longer relevant in this day and age due to some
> irrepairable damage done to the Indian society. Thanks to the English - In many
> ways they completely botched up the avg Indian mind with their Christian
> influenced juvenile way of looking at religious issues. Most Indians do not even
> know that a big chunk of their world-view is no longer Hindu/Indian. Actually no
> need to blame the English completely - a lot of factors contributed to this.

But before the British rule came also there were many restrictions.
The Ashwamedha Yajna is prohibited in Kali Yuga this restriction was
earlier than British rule.  You can read in Ashwamedha on Wikipedia
the Queen spends a night with the dead horse.  In the morning they say
a mantra for purification used even today in daily Puja. The
restrictions on Vamachara were not there they came later. Is this
true?

Regards

-Venkatesh