[Advaita-l] Regarding the commentary on Saundaryalahari by Sri.Shankara.

Bhaskar YR bhaskar.yr at in.abb.com
Fri Jan 14 02:58:58 CST 2011

Though it has been said that Saundaryalahari was written by
Sri.Shankara,there
are scholars who differ on this.

praNAms
Hare Krishna

Yes, there are difference of opinions with regard to authorship of various
prakaraNa texts including vivekachUdAmaNi.  Some of the scholars opined
that since saUndarya lahari, lalita trishati bhAshya & 'prapanchasAra' are
basically  tAntrik works shankara would not have written these texts!!
Anyway, this is the opinion of scholars who are noway related to Sri SSS
or kAryAlaya...I'm clarifying this well in advance to avoid 'jumpings'
:-))

But what I am interested is bhAshya on saundaryalahari written by shankara
which you talked in your previous mail!!??

Hari Hari Hari Bol!!!
bhaskar